Tuesday, August 7, 2012

By a Thread

I swear, I feel like I'm hanging on by a thread right now. 

Let me preface this ... I am a lucky person.

I'm healthy, I'm loved, I'm blessed.


That being said, I have to believe that the last few months have been a test! Many of you know that we are moving on August 15th and when you live in one of the most densely populated cities in the US the logistics becomes a nightmare. I've moved a number of times in my life, mostly around The University of Tulsa campus, and all it took was my Dad, Brother and a pickup truck! Not so much the case here.

On top of the full time job, the part time job, and training for a half marathon - we have to pack. Also, it's safe to say that the relationship between us and the current (soon to be former!) landlords is horrific, at best. If you want the full story let me know, I don't believe I can post it online...as much as I might want to do that.

The bright light at the end of the tunnel is the 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom 1,400 square foot beautiful apartment waiting for me just 2 miles northwest of our current location. Yes, my dear friends...we now have ample space for visitors! No more staying at expensive hotels, we will cut you a respectable deal. No worries!

I can't wait to get moved in and overwhelm everyone with pictures!


Here is your running update! I've been improving my speed quite a bit, a 10 minute mile doesn't nearly kill me anymore.  Dad is really increasing his distance quite a bit, but his speed is increasing too.  Let's see how this week goes...it's supposed to cooler in Jersey and I think it will just barely be over 100°F in Oklahoma! EEK!

New Jersey Running
July 31, 2012 - 3.1 miles - 30 minutes 44 seconds
August 2, 2012 - 3 miles - 31 minutes 56 seconds
August 4, 2012 - 2 miles - 19 minutes 40 seconds 
August 6, 2012 - 3.1 miles - 29 minutes 18 seconds

Oklahoma Running
July 31, 2012 - 2.8 miles - 30 minutes 30 seconds
August 2, 2012 - 4.5 miles - 56 minutes 0 seconds
August 5, 2012 - 5.5 miles - 1 hour 1 minute 0 seconds

New Jersey Total Miles - 46.41
Oklahoma Total Miles - 48.55

I am getting beat and I don't like it!

2 comments:

  1. what!?!? 3 bedrooms and 2 baths!?!? in JERSEY!?!? you must be rich ;)

    we still have visitors in our 450-SF, jr. 1-bedroom (bedroom is only 7x8), 1 bath apartment. we just give them the forewarning that it's SMALL, but we make it homey and super fun and bribe them with my boyfriend's cooking :P

    cheers from JC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rich?! I wish! We're moving to the heights, not as swanky as downtown, but the price per square foot is a bit better. The walk to the PATH might just kill us! haha!

    We can't cook, so we have to bribe them with space!

    Props on using your space efficiently, I wish I had that ability!

    ReplyDelete