Monday, July 30, 2012

For the Love of Dolly

It's no secret that I love me some Country Music, the twang is in my soul y'all. While it is not mandatory to love this specific brand of music if you're from Oklahoma, many of us do and I'm proud to be in the slightly redneck club.

 There are many singers that I enjoy, some more than others, but there is one that holds a special place in my slightly southern beating heart. 


from dollyparton.com


I personally don't understand how you cannot love this lady, if I ever had the chance to meet her I would most likely pee my pants and/or pass out. 

I'm not afraid to admit that I've been to this glorious place a few times...


from dollywood.com

A 'dirt poor' girl with 11 siblings born into an economically depressed region in the United States went on to write over 3,000 songs? Really? And I get upset when I can't find a cardigan to match my dress? Kinda puts some things into perspective a bit. 

Here is a list of lyrics and quotes from a lady that I think is one of the neatest (if you don't consider my mom, grandma's, etc) in the whole wide world.

"But they didn't understand it
And I tried to make them see
That one is only poor
Only if they choose to be"
Coat of Many Colors

"I look just like the girls next door, if you  happen to live next door to an amusement park!"

"Find out who you are and do it on purpose."

And years before Gaga said it was okay, you were born this way...

"God made me for a reason and nothing is in vain
Redemption comes in many shapes with many kinds of pain
Oh sweet Jesus if you're listening, keep me ever close to you
As I'm stumblin', tumblin', wonderin', as I'm travelin' thru"
Travelin' Thru

I could honestly go on and on, but you have to give mad respect to the lady that wrote "I Will Always Love You", right? I personally still like her version best, but I guess Whitney did an alright job with it too.  I guess...

Thanks for reading about my love of Miss Dolly, I'm sure you're quite annoyed.


Running Update! 

New Jersey Running
July 25, 2012 - 2.5 miles - 27 minutes 34 seconds
July 29, 2012 - 4 miles - 42 minutes 7 seconds

Oklahoma Running
July 26, 2012 - 2.75 miles - 32 minutes
July 27, 2012 - 4.5 miles - 56 minutes
July 29, 2012 - 4.5 miles - 55 minutes

New Jersey Total Miles - 35.21
Oklahoma Miles - 35.75

As you can see, I am clearly getting my rear kicked by father. This means war! 

Dad is doing really well considering it's like a million and a half degrees in Oklahoma right now, I'm happy to have temps in the 80's!  I've noticed the past few runs that once I get to around a mile and half I hit a really good stride, like I could run for forever! I was so upset on Sunday (the last run) when it started pouring rain...I had planned on doing at least 5 miles and I felt awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment