Tuesday, October 9, 2012

I'm Goin ... Home.

That's right. I'm goin' home, at least for a little bit.

I know I know...I've lived in Jersey for almost a year now, but I honestly think that Oklahoma will always feel like home.



That isn't just because it's basically in the name, but because it's so much a part of me.

A number of years ago we took my Grandma to Maryland. As we walked down the road to the house where she was born she said, "It's been so many years since I left, but it still feels like home." Now, that's been a long time ago so don't literally quote me on it, but I totally understand what she was saying. It's backwards for her, she left Maryland for Kansas...I left Oklahoma for Jersey. 

So, in about 24 hours I'll board a plane and when I land I'll be in a place where biscuits come with too much gravy, ya'll is a proper noun, and someones heart is always being blessed.
Believe it - if you have never been you're missing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment