Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Great Disappointment and Other Thoughts

Things have actually slowed down over the past couple of weeks.

We have mostly been working and running. I have to be prepared for the half marathon! So, we have been doing 3 runs a week of 3 to 4 miles and a long run on the weekend. 7 and 8 miles over he past two weeks. This weekend I'll do another long run and then take it easy in the last few days before the race. You ready for this DAD?!



Let's see - since I last wrote we have found a church! YAY! Maybe this isn't an important subject to some people, but we have been trying to find a church home for a number of months. Grace Episcopal Church in Rutherford, NJ is the place to be y'all!

Fun Fact - After we decided to visit this church we learned that my husband's Uncle Bob was married there! And he was the ring barrier! cray!

And now - for the Great Disappointment of 2012

After our first visit to Grace Church
my stomach was screaming for some biscuits and gravy, loudly. We opted to try the local IHOP to see if they could accomodate a rather Southern request. This is what I recieved...



I had to request more gravy three times before I could eat these tiny things. All in all it just made me miss Grandma's homemade version at least 300 times more than I was already. Fire up the skillet Grandma! I'll be there in 9 days!!!

We have also located a Cracker Barrel just a short 35 miles away should the craving for biscuits and gravy hit again ... or I feel the need to purchase mountains of candy and a candle.

Happy October!

No comments:

Post a Comment