Friday, November 9, 2012

Sandy, Athena, and Sophie Jean

I know that everyone is very well aware of the nasty Miss Sandy, we survived.

Winter Storm Athena roared through our neighborhood on Wednesday...


This is the only picture I took, because I only went outside once and I wanted a glove back on my cold little hand, but we survived.


Yesterday I received a frantic call from my other half, our doggie Sophie Jean wasn't feel well. This is not normal for our little girl, she's been extremely healthy and minus the troubles caused by our previous landlords...read about it here.

We take her for regular check ups, she gets her necessary medicines (flea, tick, heart worm), all in all she is a happy and healthy doggie.

So, being that this was out of the ordinary we rushed her to the vet where we were told (after some crazy expensive test!) that she was suffering from pancreatitis. She would need to be admitted to the pet hospital for overnight care, then returned the following day for continued care. 

We took her over to the same hospital that saw her for the above mentioned incident. She was admitted and we went home, helpless. As crazy as might sound, Miss Sophie Jean has filled my life with love for nearly 8 years. My husband has become incredibly attached to her and we just felt horrible. She wasn't there to keep my feet warm or to snuggle with us on the couch, it was a sad sad night.

This is what she looked like when we picked her up this morning at 7am


They had to put the cone on her because she was chewing at the IV in her right front leg, poor thing.

She was dropped off at the Vet at 9am and we will pick her up before 7pm tonight, she is expected to make a full recovery.

So, we will survive!!

Bring it on life, this little family can handle it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment