Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Ode to the Drive-Thru ATM


image from google

I cursed as my side mirror scraped you. 
I bitched when I had to wait in a line for you.
I struggled to reach your buttons.
I quietly wondered why the buttons had Braille.


I thought you would always be there.
I thought you would always be an option.


I admit it, I miss you.

You’re around every corner, down every street in Oklahoma.
I found you last week, but you are forbidden.
You have planted your roots in the bad part of town.
I hope that one day I will see you again.

Until then, I will use of your outcast cousin, the walk up.

image from google

Love, Kendra

1 comment:

  1. My little brother finally explained why the drive-thru ATM buttons have Braille on them...they use the same buttons as the walk up ones which it makes sense to have Braille on. My mind was blown, mostly that he could once again make me feel so stupid, so I had to share.

    ReplyDelete