Wednesday, December 21, 2011

But I'm not Italian...I think I'm Scottish.

I was going to do a post containing some of the wedding photos, but I decided against it for two reasons.  The first being that we still don't have all of them / the ones we do have are downloaded on my work laptop. And the second reason is that we would like for our families to be first to see them!  So...that will happen soon.  Stay tuned.

We've been super busy preparing for Christmas.  It's going to be a little sad for me...it will be the first away from my family, um, EVER.  For anyone that is counting that's about 30 years.  I have been focusing on work, cooking, and wrapping presents to keep my mind off of it. 

So, I'm sure y'all are shocked by the title of this post.  What?! She's not Italian?! Who would have thunk it?! BUT I got my guido on and made us some 'pie'.

Pepperoni, Olive, and Onion Pizza

I was rather proud of myself, the closest thing to homemade pizza I had done before has been that DiGiorno stuff.  I must admit that this was actually my second go at pizza making (um...in a less than one week period)...I screwed up the first go around and made some yummy Calzones, also known as...Kendra screwed up and tried to make something that looked semi-acceptable.


I'll now leave you with a photo of one of the best girls in the whole entire world.  She's loving, loyal, and playful! 

Miss Sophie Jean Marrs Emmich


I believe that she is adjusting to life in New Jersey quite well, however we haven't gotten any snow yet so this may all change very soon.  She is usually confused by the snow and looks at you like you personally removed the grass to spite her.  It's similar to the look that I get on a daily basis due to the lack of carpet in our apartment.  She can barely get enough traction to jump up on the bed and about once a week she doesn't quite make it and falls down in a very cartoon like fashion.  She just happens to be laying next to me sleeping...it's a hard knocked life.


See y'all later!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment