Sunday, December 11, 2011

Welcome to Tulsa...Y'all!

Pre-Wedding activities really began on Tuesday November 8th ... My little brother, Nathan, arrived back on Oklahoma soil for his R&R. He as been deployed to Kuwait with the Oklahoma National Guard. It was good to see his face in person, not just on a computer screen!!

On Wednesday November 9th...I worked my last 4 hours at my job in Tulsa!!! I had worked there for just over 5 years and I was ready to get out. It was a decent job, don't get me wrong, but I was in a rut there and hadn't been happy for quite some time.
I headed over to the truck rental place with my Dad to get the Penske truck that would haul all of my belongings half way across the country to New Jersey. We arrived at my little condo on Boston Avenue to begin loading, with some wonderful and much needed help from Nathan and his best friend/my adopted brother, Eric. As we neared the end of the loading process I got a bit of a surprise! One of my besties...Adrienne, who had recently returned from Morocco, showed up ready to help in any way needed...seriously! Over the next few days she was such a huge help!! Priceless!!!

Once the loading was completed Adrienne and I headed to the salon...this pale girl needed some color on her skin! The Skin Boutique in South Tulsa did a wonderful job, thanks Bonnie!! We made our way out to Verdigris to drop off our stuff and spend some time with my parents. Later that evening we drove out to the Tulsa airport for the arrival of Kenny (the groom), Matt (a groomsmen), and Kenny's parents. It was late, so we dropped them off at the Hyatt in Downtown Tulsa for the night

Thursday was a big day ... we got our marriage license!! It only took a few quarters in the meter and $5...which we had to borrow from Matt. I wonder if we ever paid him back...hmm...I should probably check on that. Anyway, it was officially almost offical after that!

Next, the boys headed off to Jos. A Bank to pick up their suits for the wedding. I have never in my life had such a miserable experience in all my life. This is my offical reccomendation to anyone looking to rent a suit or tux from them...DO NOT DO IT!!! I swear...it was like they didn't even take measurements on these guys. The only positive that I can say is that they did get all the colors correct. Way to go.
 
 
The rest of the day was spend running errands, then we all gathered at my parents house in Verdigris for some dinner and time together. It was a big group of family and friends...and overall awesome time with some good homecooked food!!! My grandparents, aunt Kim, and cousin Layna arrived that day and Kenny's cousin's Kyle and Megan got into town as well. I was excited to greet everyone, especially Megan because we had only spoken on the phone! The boys headed out to have some fun and the girls stuck around to help me out with the favors! I can't even begin to thank them enough! Megan, Adrienne, and I hit the town for a drink or two at McNellies in downtown Tulsa, a place that I will miss!!

Next time - we practice getting married!

No comments:

Post a Comment