Monday, March 19, 2012

Homemade Cleaners - Soft Scrub

When I'm barefoot with my pants rolled up and hair pulled back, in full bathroom cleaning mode, my go to cleaner is the Soft Scrub.  I probably use too much of it and therefore it was burning a hole in my 3 year old Coach wallet, that I love.

Needless to say, I was extremely happy to find this recipe online at The Krazy Coupon Lady!  Are you surprised?!  It was one of my first stops on my online search for homemade cleaners.  The articles on the site are fantastic!

So - let's get to it!!

Liquid Soap, Empty Conditioner Bottle, Baking Soda, White Vinegar, Water

Above are the ingredients needed to easily make this cleaner.  Start to finish the project took a total of 15 minutes, no lie.  This included me obsessively cleaning the conditioner bottle and making the mental note that I'm wasting far too much conditioner!

1 2/3 Cups of Baking Soda - $0.60
1/2 Cup of Liquid Soap - $0.10
1/2 Cup of Water - Free
2 Tablespoons of Vinegar - $0.02
Old Conditioner Bottle

First, you'll mix the Liquid Soap, Water, and Baking Soda in a bowl...



until it looks a little more like this...



The Baking Soda dissolved rather quickly an easily!  Add the Vinegar and stir.

The mixture doesn't smell too yummy, so you can add some essential oil.  I used Lavendar since I already had some for the other cleaners I plan to make.

I think the worst part of this process was pouring it into the bottle.  I used a funnel, but since it's kind of thick it was slow moving! 

Final Product - super inventive label, huh?  I included the oil bottle so it wouldn't feel left out!  

I used my new cleaner to quickly clean the sink area...mostly to try it out!  I think it works very well!!!  YAY!!

Total Cost - $0.72
Total Time - 15 minutes

The cheapest I have been able to find Soft Scrub, on sale with a coupon, was around $1.50 a bottle.  All in all my first go at the homemade cleaners went very well!! YAY!


No comments:

Post a Comment