Monday, March 5, 2012

On the Mend Monday - Idiot Edition

Welcome back kids!  Let's get this ship sailing normally again, shall we?

Let's start off with the good news - my left ring finger, that I injured way back on Super Bowl Sunday, is MENDED! Please note that I am not giving it a completely mended title just yet.  The wound isn't open and I no longer need to wear a bandage, but the scar tissue has created a nice bump that doesn't feel too great.  This is made worse by the fact that I type all day at my normal job, type for my new PT job, and I'm typing this now.  Oh well...

Let's move two fingers over and talk about mister index.  Early last week, while preparing what would have been a yummy Chicken Piccata dinner, I managed to slice the tip open with a rather large knife.  It hurt and since I was halfway through cutting a chicken breast it also looked like a bird massacre occurred near our sink.  Luckily, this was a clean cut that only required a band-aid for three full days.  Now it's COMPLETELY MENDED! But I'm still afraid to cut meat and have been told to inform my husband prior to picking up any sharp object.

Let's stick to the left hand and discuss how skin deals with boiling hot jelly.  It's not good friends, not good at all.  I finally found the time, and the fruit, to try my hand at Grandma's famous jelly recipe.  I'll be tasting it tonight, so we will see how well I did.  For those of you that don't know, you have to boil the ingredients prior to pouring the jelly into the jars.  Long story short, my aim sucks, the top of my left hand can confirm this.  It's slightly red today, but all in all I'm lucky that I was on my last jar and the mixture had cooled slightly.  How do I even have a left hand anymore?!  I'll rank this as MENDED simply because it wasn't that bad of an injury to begin with...but it still hurt!

On Saturday the almost birthday boy and I ventured into the big city!  He bought me tickets to see one of my favorites, the Eli Young Band, at Terminal 5 in NYC for Christmas!  I put on my boots and we started the walk to Journal Square to catch the PATH train, about 1/3 of the way there I realized that we had left the tickets on the desk in the living room.  So, after a slight detour we were really on our way to Journal Square!  The 30 minute train ride to 33rd Street was standing room only and by the time we walked off the train the extreme foot pain was hard to ignore.  We walked about 15 blocks to a bar and grill (that over cooked our burgers) and this is when I knew the boots were a mistake.  After another 20 blocks or so we were at the venue and I wanted a wheelchair. 

The concert was amazing!!! I was really impressed by the Josh Abbot Band and the Randy Rogers Band, who performed an acoustic set.  The Eli Young Band hit the stage sounding better than the last time I saw them!  They even played Oklahoma Girl! YAY!!!! The final act of the night was Pat Green, who is quite good, but not good enough for me to suffer through the standing room only show.  We headed out and had to stop half way for a break...and some pizza.  We also called my parents from a pay phone!!

I won't go into much more detail, you're probably bored of this already, but by the time we finally made it home I needed help removing the boots I love so much.  The swelling started and I'm still walkin a little funny today.  I have two blisters on my right foot and three on my left, my thighs are quite sore and I think my Grandpa's fake knees work better than mine right now.  So, I'm sittin on the INJURED list, but I'm still going to try and muscle through some treadmill time today at the gym.



Announcement Time! My first submission to The Krazy Coupon Lady was published yesterday!!  No creative writing involved, but I think I finally found a place to use my mad math and organization skills! What What!   Check it out HERE, and search for stores in your local area to save some of that hard earned money! 

I also encourage you to tune into CNBC tonight at 9pm EST / 8pm CST for Luxury Boom: The New Big Spenders.  A special project that my sister-in-law produced!  Maybe you'll save enough money couponing to buy some of the featured items!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment