Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Everyone has a favorite beach...



Does everyone have a favorite beach?

This girl is from the wonderful, but landlocked, State of Oklahoma. We have a large number of ponds and lakes. Growing up my Grandparents lived on Grand Lake...I spent countless summers jumping off the diving board on the dock and water skiing on our boat. 


My Grandfather worked on boats and operated his own Marina. They had a house, a shop, a cabin and two docks at the end of a quiet cove. When my brother and I were really young we had skis that were tied together to make it easier, I swear we could ski for days.

So...No, I don't have a favorite beach.

I've seen a good number of beaches...Florida, Texas, Mexico, Bahamas, and New Jersey.  All were quite lovely and I am very impressed with the Jersey Shore, but none will compare to the memories I carry from the Grand Lake O' the Cherokees.

No comments:

Post a Comment