Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I'm alive and well, mostly

Please excuse my lack of blogging, I had a big weekend!  It was difficult to keep it a secret, but I went back to Okieland last Thursday to celebrate something very important!! 


This guy's birthday!


Dad's actual birthday was actually yesterday...turned the big 57! 
He doesn't look it, right folks?!

I have to give major props to Mama on this one, she managed to keep the secret!  People..this is HUGE!  This is a lady that will hint at what you're getting for Christmas for weeks leading up to the big day.  She gets so darn excited she just can't hold it in!  I am so proud that she was able to help me pull this little trick off!

Mama and Dad arrived at the airport to pick up Jaine, my mom's lovely coworker who lied for us! Thanks JANIE!  As they approached the Continental pick up area, there I was...without a coat since someone promised me it was still VERY warm in Oklahoma.  It wasn't.  I was cold. 

I think we surprised, or 'tricked' him!  YAY!!! Mission: Accomplished!

We spent a lot of time together over the next few days and on Saturday my grandparents made the trip down from Kansas, another surprise!  I was able to see two of my besties while in town, but the trip was far too short to arrange a large get together.  Next time friends! 

The time flew by and in the blink of an eye it was Sunday morning.
I'm happy to report that everyone is doing well, the house is still standing, and Oklahoma looks as amazing as I remember it.  As my flight took off I had my forehead pressed against that tiny airplane window to take in as much of the land as possible. 

As my Grandpa said, "This soup would sure good with a handful of crackers." 
My family is the handful of crackers in the soup of my life. 



Anyway, since the trip I've been running around like a mad lady to get everything done.  Sorry for the lack of my usual Fitness Friday and On the Mend Monday posts ... I did manage hurt myself again so next Monday's post should be a good one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment