Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Weigh In Wednesday / July 31, 2013

Weigh In Wedneday

Oh my Lordy! This week flew by, didn’t it? I’ve been a bit overwhelmed with no time for blogging, but the Northeast Bloggers and I have a fun challenge for August! Stay tuned!

We had a busy weekend filled with delicious food that wasn’t on my diet plan, but you don’t often get to go to a beautiful wedding and indulge in yummy goodness. So, I did and I paid for it on the scale. On top of that, it isn’t every day that your husband’s Grandfather celebrates the big 8-0...more yummy food!

So, the bad news is that a bunch of the great progress I made last week went away with each scrumptious bite. The good news is that I have managed to make an amazing come back and still drop a little since last week! YIPPEE!!

Here is my list ‘o weights ... I prefer to list them all, it keeps me focused on the long term, the big picture and helps me find the motivation to keep pushing!

2013 Starting Weight – 169.0
May 22, 2013 – 151.2
June 19, 2013 – 151.8
June 26, 2013 – 152.6
July 3, 2013 – 151.4
July 22, 2013 – 155.6
July 24, 2013 – 151.4
July 31, 2013 – 149.8


YES! I managed to drop 1.6 pounds over the past week! I could not be happier! I’m almost 20 pounds lighter than I was in January and that is exciting y’all!

Update on Goals

Weight – Be in the 140’s before August
DONE - Okay, so just barely...I couldn't have cut that one any closer! Since I met my goal I will make a new one ...
Be in the 130's before September. OMG. Can it be done?!

Running – 10 mile LSD before the end of August
On the Fence – My ankle is still not right, I attempted a short run tonight (2.5 miles) and about a half mile in I felt really good, but toward the end I really just feel like I'm slapping my feet against the pavement. After stretching for a long time I can feel the soreness already. We may be rethinking the Route 66 Marathon due to my ankle and Dad’s feet. Such is life, maybe 2014 will be our year!

Fitness – Complete 90% of scheduled workouts, Increase Core and Arm Strength
Well Done – I cut one workout short, but other than that I have completed everything that I have planned. I can tell that my arms and core are both getting stronger.


Insanity Review
For those of you that are considering the Insanity program, which I know has been out for quite some time and I’m totally late to the party on this one, I highly endorse it.

I have completed the first 10 days of the program and the improvement that I have seen so far has been amazing. I still can’t do the entire workout without taking breaks, heck I usually can’t make it through the warm-up without taking a break! I don’t think I’ll be invited to be on the next video shoot, but I’m hanging in there.

After I finish the first month I plan to repeat it before moving on to the second month. I really want to be able to do the full workout before moving on and I’m far from that. Repeating the month will still be super challenging since you can control the intensity yourself.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Kendra!!! That is wonderful progress! I'm so proud of you!!! Watching you meet your goals is inspiring me to keep up with mine :) Miss you!

    Love and AOT!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie!! Miss you too!!! Love an AOT!

      Delete