Monday, February 13, 2012

On the Mend Monday - Valentimes Edition

I made it through another week, shocking!  Here is a quick update of my wounds, aliments, etc.

I am happy to report that the burn on my hand is nearly completely healed up and is not even visible to the untrained eye.  I know it's there and it's flaking slightly, but with the help of my dear friend Moisture Therapy I'll be good as new in a matter of days.  You're welcome, right hand!  I'll go ahead and lock this one away in the COMPLETELY MENDED category.

My ankle rolling red box visit proved to last a bit longer than I had originally thought.  I was back at the gym on Wednesday, but I was not up to speed like I would have hoped.  I muscled through it, thankyouverymuch.  I'll be heading back to the gym this afternoon, but until I see how the ankle performs I'm going to classify this injury as MENDED.

I know that everyone is on pins and needles just waiting to hear how my nearly lost finger tip is doing.  Is the suspense killing you?!  Well, after many conversations, with many people, regarding my little digit I made the final decision to not visit the doctor.  I was close to doing that on Friday, but after some ghetto bathroom surgery it turns out it's healing just fine!  Give me a high five and call me doctor!!  Full disclosure...it's still kind of numb and painful, so I'll give it a rating of INJURED, but the difference a week has made is phenomenal.  Really.

My new injury this week is a repeater.  I often find ways to constantly hurt myself, multiple times per year.  My favorite of these is my bed...well...our bed, it used to be just mine, but now I share like a big girl.  Anyway, the sharp corners hit my short leg right in that dead leg spot, hurts like a son of a b and makes me tear up a bit.  I,  yet again, looked like this for at least 10 minutes...





I'm sporting a bit of bruise on my right thigh, but the pain is basically gone so I'll put this in the MENDED category.

I must report that this weekend we went tubing!! SO MUCH FUN!!!  I felt like a little kid going down the hill at least 8 times, a blast to say the least!  I highly recommend it and  I have to say that my first visit to Mountain Creek will not be my last, it looks like a great place to ski too!  But the most important point of this is that I did not hurt myself at all during this venture! FANTASTIC!


Thanks for tuning into another exciting edition of On the Mend Monday - I hope to be fully mended by next week, but I'm realistic and note that this will most likely not happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment