Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Fatty McChunky Pants Has An Annoucement...


She joined a gym, this is just a short post about the increasing waistline and the goal to decrease it, quickly.

You'll gain weight as a newlywed. With my whole heart I believed that I would be the exception to this old rule, epic fail.  I have very few negatives regarding our wedding, but the date did not help the weight.  Cool kids rhyme, believe it.

aren't we precious?!

We got married, moved, honeymooned over Thanksgiving, and then BAM! It's Christmas.  Hello, Mr. Yummy Food it's been about an hour since I ate you let me shove some more in my chunky face. *nom nom nom* ... Fast Forward to me flinging myself all over the bedroom in an attempt to get the skinny jeans on the fat thighs.  May God bless the long cardigan and boots to the knees look, and I pray that no one has noticed the massive muffin top. Amen.

Obviously, something had to be done.  I bit the bullet and joined a gym.  I'm a huge fan of the Jazzercise method, don't knock it until you've tried it, it's a-freaking-mazing and gives me a reason to bust out my awesomesauce moves.  Try as I might I just couldn't fit it in the schedule, so I've been sentenced to free weights and the treadmill. 

Club Metro - Lobby

The good news is that the gym, Club Metro Fitness, is just minutes from work so I'm usually able to elbow my way in before the after 5:00pm crowd really shows up.  The bad news is that I think I've found the location in Northern New Jersey that all the DJ Pauly D wannabes gather to work out and grease their hair.  I have to say that, as a current resident of NJ, this state gets a bad name from the wonderfulness that is reality TV.  However, the closest likeness has to be this crowd of high schoolers that roll into the gym just minutes before I do, or maybe they have been there for hours...I can't tell if it's sweat or hair gel on their brows.

Today will be my 3rd visit and I plan on logging at least three miles on the hamster wheel (aka - treadmill), if I'm still breathing I'm going to attempt a horrible looking abdominal routine I found on Pinterest.  It was wedged between recipes for pasta and brownies, go figure. 

I'm debating on posting my progress, thoughts on this one friends?  I think it would encourage me to continue it and improve as well, but it could also let the world in on the little secret that I'm not perfect *GASP*  I know ... I know ... it's hard to believe, but it's true.  I'll probably screw it up a time or two, but here's to a long healthy life!!  and a large plate of nachos from time to time...mmm...nachos... 



I continue to ask you to pray for Mr. Killian, his story continues to inspire me and many many others!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ms. Kendra! I think you should post your progress - I'm working on getting in shape, too and posting what I eat online (myfitnesspal) has kept me super honest and helped a lot! Just my thoughts...
    P.S. Love your blog! AOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay okay...I'll try to start posting the progress :) I really do think that it will help keep me motivated! hope you're doing well in Vegas!!! AOT!

    ReplyDelete