Monday, January 16, 2012

Wedding Details - Part Deux

Ready for this?!  I think I am - although I just finished an art project and burned the ever loving crap out of my index finger on my right hand.  I wonder if I can strategically avoid certain letters...so far it's been a failure.  *sigh* onto the photos and details!


Hair and Make Up

I was really happy to find Faccia Bella in Tulsa.  I know a few people that have used their services before and were pleased, so it was an easy choice.  Plus, they come to you at nearly any location, a huge time saver!
Gettin my hair did

While some of us were getting our hair done, the others were getting started on the make up process.  When I joined Kappa Delta way back in 2002 I met a wonderful lady, Beth!  She was always helping the girls get ready for dates, dances, and parties in college and has since made a wonderful career out of it! I loved my make up SO MUCH!

My pretty Mama

The Lovely Abby Jane

Caden's Mama, aka - The Wonderful Chandra

Getting my make up done!

A small note about the above picture...Chandra had this tank made for her wedding to Ryan in 2007.  Abby wore it for her wedding in August of 2011 and I wore it on my wedding day in November of 2011.  Hopefully the good luck wears off on all three of us!





Important Details


We have all lost people close to us, we've lost to many to name, but there were five that we really missed on this day.  We wanted to note that they were there with us in some way. 

Kenny's Maternal Grandmother, Uncle, and Grandfather / My Fraternal Grandfather and Grandmother
We lost my grandpa back in 2005 and I wanted to do a little something special.  He always wore Wrangler pearl snap jean shirts and we saved a few after he passed.  I took a small piece of his shirt and put it close to my heart.

Did some last minute sewing


Something Old
Grandparents Wedding Bands - I carried all four on a ribbon in my bouquet

Something New
Dress, Shoes, and the Pearls that my brother gave me for my 30th birthday

Something Borrowed
Veil - I wore an altered version of my mother's veil

Something Blue
Garter and the heart shown above

I also did have a sixpence in my shoe, found by my wonderful groom!

**All photos by Goodhue Photography**

No comments:

Post a Comment