Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I have a confession.

I didn't want admit to it, maybe because if I don't say it out loud it isn't true, but deep down it is and I can't pretend anymore.



No, I didn't cut my hair and I'm not changing my gender, I'm homesick. 

So far I've been beyond lucky to have extremely mild weather, we haven't been blanketed with snow for weeks on end and we've had days of temperatures in the 40's and 50's.  I really enjoy my job so far, it's very interesting and I think I like working in a larger office.  Sophie Jean and I are adjusting to living with a boy and it's going well.  I'm slowly learning how to get to all the places I need to go, although these darn U-Turn turnaround things still get on my nerves.  All in all, the transition wasn't that difficult.




Now I believe that, deep down in my soul, a part of  me will always be on Tulsa Time.  This will be my excuse every single time I am late for the rest of my life, sorry...must still be on Tulsa Time.

For those that aren't from the southern midwest amazingness that is my hometown, here are the reasons that I find myself counting the days until I am able to step on that red soil again, in no particular order...

Awesome storm clouds
Running on Riverside

Taco Bueno or just decent mexican food in general


Being able to carry one of these in my purse.

Red Dirt Roads

Moons that look like this

Please don't take this as a post saying that I dislike New Jersey, honestly I don't. There are pros and cons with living anywhere, but at the end of the day when I'm on the couch with Sophie and my dishwasher (seriously, he does all the dishes! bomb!) it's all good. 

I didn't even begin to list the people that I miss, it's too difficult and would most likely cause me to cry, my make up looks far too good today so I refuse.  I miss all your pretty faces more than you know.

5 comments:

  1. I miss you too! Even though I don't comment on all of your posts, I do read every single one. I loved seeing the wedding details, and hearing about your money saving and craft projects, and I am saying prayers for little Killian. :) Hugs from OK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm proud of you, Kendra! I know how hard it can be to be far away from home and loved ones, but you seem to be embracing your new life and enjoying the adventure. Hang in there, and know that people are keeping you in their thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Misti - thanks and I'm glad your enjoying the posts. I try to keep up with your blog as well! your crafts are amazing and adorable!!! give the boys a hug for me :)

    Layna - love you too cuz!! I pray for you and your family many times a day. that little boy is changing lives while fighting for his...I have faith!

    Jo - thanks!! it's been hard, but I think I'm getting the hang of it ;) I know you have moved a number of times and I have crazy respect for you. it isn't easy!!

    love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally understand. And I love the things you said you miss, I would kill for good Mexican food and any beautiful view of the sky. But after being in my new home for 6 months, I'll tell you that it does get better but I believe we will always be on Tulsa Time. AOT!

    Rebecca Bedford

    ReplyDelete