Thursday, January 26, 2012

Allow me to introduce ...

... some people that I think are extremely awesome.


The In-Laws

Husband's parents were married the same year I was born and are members of the married-for-a-long-time-club, respect.  Since I have been married for 75 days, that's three days longer than that Kardashian chick *whoop whoop*, I feel that I'm an expert and can note that it's an awesome feat.  They have both welcomed me in from the start and while I'm sure the long distance relationship thing was probably odd to them, they never made me feel odd.  I feel comfortable enough to drool nap on their couch, which is high on my how much I like you scale. 

Obviously, we were super happy to have them there on our wedding day and grateful for the support along the way.  We had a second reception in New Jersey after our honeymoon, since we were basically MIA for a week we couldn't have pulled it off without their help!  Recently, we celebrated a Giants win with them and plan on adding a Super Bowl win to that list!


My Dad


I'm so much like my Dad it would truly scare most people.  We are, what I like to call, reasonable perfectionists.  We do have the ability to go with the flow, but we might be slowly dying on the inside.  That probably makes us sound bad, but I swear we aren't!  Dad is easily the hardest working and loving person I know.  I might be biased, but I'd go to the mat on that one with just about anyone.  It would be easy for me to write a short novel on why I think he is the bee's knees, but it's a blog and I don't have a book deal.  Since this is a wedding focused kind of thing I will say that he never once told me I couldn't have, do, or spend during the planning process.  He listened to the small details with genuine interest, gave his opinion when asked, and a ton of hugs when things were difficult. 

Dear Dad,
It was perfect.
Love, Sis


My Mama


I've been thinking about how lucky I am to have my mama recently.  Born way too early and at just over 2 pounds she wasn't supposed to live and if she did she was supposed to be blind, she was supposed to be deaf.  I've only known her for a little over 30 years, but I'd be willing to bet that she's been a blessing since the day she was born.  My personal opinion is that she is the cat's pajamas and the best mama a kid could ever dream to have.  Her worst quality is that she gets too darn excited and can't keep a secret, if that was my worst quality I'd be dancing in the streets.  I enjoyed sharing the wedding planning process with her more that words could ever say.  She never told me what to do, but would give her input when asked and helped with every little project.  I'm not embarrassed to admit that I talk to her on at least a daily basis and I'm mighty lucky to call her my best friend.


The wedding posting will continue...soon...


**All photos by Goodhue Photography ** 

No comments:

Post a Comment