Saturday, May 4, 2013

After 9:00am

My last post was about the OKC Half Marathon...all of that information took place before 9am! Sunday wasn't even close to being over!

We headed back to the hotel to take a shower and pack up, oh and take a quick nap. After a quick steak lunch we were on our way from the 405 back to the 918. And I napped again...for most of the drive.

We stopped by my brother's house where my parents left their offspring for some quality time together. It was very nice to just sit and chat for a bit, actually catching up in person rather than on the phone!

A couple of hours later I headed off to see my massage therapist. One of the best decisions I made for the race was booking a post race appointment with this fantastic lady! My legs were barely sore the next day and it was so great to catch up with Darlene. She's easily one of the sweetest people I've ever had the joy of meeting and getting to know, I will be visiting again in November for sure!

After I made a stop by QT for a glorious 32 ounces of Diet Coke, which I rarely drink anymore, but I just had to get one! I made my way over to fabulous neighborhood in Broken Arrow to see the in progress Overton house! WOW! I feel like the foundation was just poured, but much progress has been made. The kitchen cabinets are in, tile and wood floors down, and walls painted...really impressed! Of course, the highlight was spending a few more precious moments with this family. Caden was fulled by sugary cake and ready to give me multiple tours of his room and his new play room, he is excited and super adorable! I can't wait to see the final moved in product later this year! Maybe we can see the finished product of the Conway house, just a few doors away!

Next came a relaxing evening with the parents, my favorite. We just ate dinner (Molly's Tamales! YUM!), talked, and watched TV...like I don't live 1,300 miles away and I wasn't leaving in 36 hours. Bliss.

Oh - I got an iPad! Shut up!


Is is just me or does my head look freaky big in comparison to my tiny right arm? Probably just me, I hate pictures sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment