Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Airport Delay and a Challenge

Since the only thing constant about my blogging is the inconsistency of my posts...I am challenging myself to blog EVERYDAY in May. I’m sure some of the posts will be short, hopefully sweet, but short.

For my first post of this challenge I will recap part of my recent pilgrimage to my homeland.

I worked a full day on Friday April 26th, but my head wasn’t really in the game. I had a packed suitcase at home and a 7:30pm flight. There is one, yes only one, direct flight between Newark and Tulsa each day and vice-versa. It’s a tiny little plane with two seats on one side and only one on the other. Perhaps it’s a bit scary, but I’m used to it and enjoy the single seat to myself. I don’t have to deal with anyone stealing the armrest or drooling on my shoulder.

Newark Airport, EWR, is a large hub that is normally very busy, but my flight was out of smallest Terminal, A. I arrived early in anticipation of the furloughs I had heard so much about. I was able to jam all of my stuff into a carry on, so no time would be wasted checking a bag.

I was prepared to wait in line for my body scan, but as I made my way down the escalator I noticed that there was not one single person in line. Good news right? Well, I had contact with 9 different TSA workers in the ‘going through security’ process. A bit much if you ask me. I thought that this could be a good sign for the evening...maybe I would get to Oklahoma early!

No such luck – the plane was late coming in from Virginia and we were delayed nearly 2 hours. I have a second job working for The Krazy Coupon Lady and Friday’s are normally one of the nights that I work, I’m a party animal. The plane didn’t have Wi-Fi so I typed all of my information into a word document for some simple copy and paste once I had an internet connection. Have you ever tried to look through a store circular on an airplane of sleeping people? I don’t think I was well liked. And those little tray tables are a joke of a desk.

So, by the time it was all said and done... I didn’t even make it to Oklahoma on Friday...we landed after midnight. I had a couple of hours of work left to dodo when we got to the house, I never thought I would be wishing for Wi-Fi on a plane, but it would have made the night a lot shorter!

3:30am – I finally laid down to get some sleep.

Place your bets now ... how long will this daily post thing last?!

No comments:

Post a Comment