Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day and a Workout

After a weekend with crappy weather and lazy bums on the couch, we loaded up and headed to the sticks! It's true, New Jersey has farmland, fields, and areas that aren't jam packed with houses and families stacked three high. It's quite awesome.

Our friends Donna and Jeff filled our bellies with Pulled Pork Sammiches, Broccoli Slaw, Baked Ziti and ICE CREAM CAKE! There are few things that I love more than Ice Cream Cake, true story.

Not only were our tummies filled with food love, but our hearts were filled with friend love. It was really great to spend time with people we really connect with and just enjoy being around. Thanks for having us out! We do not thank the many other people on Highway 15 for doubling the travel time back to the big bad city.

When we finally arrived back at our house, that we share with only one other family, I knew that I needed to get a workout in or I would surely be busting out of my fat pants on Tuesday. No bueno.

I have a new favorite work out...this was my second go around with this one and I changed a few things to make it fit my workout goals a little better. You might have seen the original on Pinterest, but here is my version  of the Super Sweaty Tabata Supersets! 

Burpees 20 seconds
Rest 10 seconds
Jumping Jacks 20 seconds
Rest 10 seconds
Repeat 3 more times (4 minutes total)

Push Ups 30 seconds
Walking or Forward Lunges 30 seconds
Repeat 2 more times (3 minutes total)

Run/Sprint 1/2 mile

High Knees 20 seconds
Rest 10 seconds
Side Side Leaps 20 seconds
Rest 10 seconds
Repeat 3 more times (4 minutes total)

Dumbell Rows 30 seconds
Squats with Shoulder Presses 30 seconds
Repeat 2 more times (3 minutes total)

Run/Sprint 3/4 mile

Jump Squats 20 seconds
Rest 10 seconds
Mountain Climbers 20 seconds
Rest 10 seconds
Repeat 3 more time (4 minutes total)

Reverse Lunges 30 seconds
Squats 30 seconds
Repeat 2 more times (3 minutes total)

Run/Sprint 1 mile

On top of this I have challenged myself to do this arm workout everyday for 2 weeks. I have no doubt that I will see a big difference. I'm fairly certain that this causes internal bleeding in the arms and I normally start crying about 3 minutes into it.
Right now, I hate this skinny bitch. If my arms look slammin for summer...I will love her.

http://youtu.be/4dQOBbLnk7o


I couldn't get it to embed in the post - I am not a technically savvy as I'd like to believe. oh wells.

2 comments:

  1. So - I tried that arm workout yesterday. At first, I thought the lady was nuts - but I am actually a little sore today. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband makes fun of me while I do it, but I have seen a difference!!

    ReplyDelete