Sunday, May 5, 2013

Mushrooms, Beef Burgers, and the Shirtless Guy

Monday felt like Sunday. 

We loaded up fairly early in the morning to make the 2ish hour drive from Verdigris, OK to Fredonia, KS ... not exactly the two biggest cities in the world, but two of my favorites.

I got to ride shotgun in the Caddy through Claremore, Oolagah, Nowata, and Coffeyville. Emma and Mom made themselves comfortable in the back and I were able to nap a little bit. We passed my Dad's hometown of Neodesha and made our way into my Mama's hometown of Fredonia, God Bless Southeast Kansas.

I hadn't seen their precious faces since I left there in late December and I missed them so much! Our visit began with lots of hugs and kisses. 

Dad and I showed off our Half Marathon medals and pictures, they questioned why anyone would want to run that many miles and for that long...but I think they were proud.

Grandma had to run some errands, so the ladies loaded up in the Caddy (I got to drive!) and headed to the local bank. Since my Grandma doesn't have an ATM card she wrote a check to 'Cash' and I put it in the tray. The teller looked a bit confused, I rolled down the window so she could say hi and we were on our way. No ID required! 

The next stop was ALCO and the Grocery Store. I swear that my Grandma knows everyone in this small town! Our last stop was the Tri-Mee for some Beef Burgers, very slow, but very delicious! 

While we were out the boys opted to make a trip to pick some wild mushrooms. When they got back we fried them up! YUM!

Raw Mushrooms

Fried Mushrooms!

 We played some games, played with Emma, and just talked. Oh and we took some awesome pictures! 

 
We can both roll our tongues!

I love my Grandma

We couldn't stop laughing!

Finally got an OK picture


Grandparents and Parents

Grandparents and ME!

Aunt Denny in her work scrubs :)

My Grandma is slightly crazy!
 
The visit wasn't nearly long enough, but I don't think any visit would ever be long enough. After a lot of tears and more hugs, we made the drive back to Oklahoma and my heart was heavy. A part of me will always be in that house, with those two amazingly crazy people. 

When we got back to Oklahoma we met brother at the house and headed to Taco Bueno, it's not classy, but when you live so far from one you have to get some while you can! 

I'm just trying to enjoy my soft taco....

And then I went to sleep for just a few hours...

No comments:

Post a Comment