Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Short Girls Can Run!

I have been trying like hell to keep running, but in the days following a big race it can be difficult to find the motivation. Today was the most difficult so far. The humidity and temperature were both high...I felt like I weight about 350 pounds. A long three miles!

My plans are to run 5 days a week and do a cross training workout 1 day each week. I am giving myself the option to drop one short run each week if I'm just too busy or tired, hopefully I won't do that too often. Or I can switch out one run with a cross training workout if need be.

I'm super happy to be consistently running under 10 minute miles! I'm thinking about doing a couple of 5K races in the area to see if I can do them in less than 30 minutes. I'd really love to be able get a finish closer to the 27 or 28 minute mark.

I have to say that I am loving my running shoes right now. When I first got them I struggled with them for a few weeks, much longer than I had with others in the past. I think I finally got them broken in properly and they are feeling good! 

Brooks Trance


I'm considering buying another pair right now to have for when the current pair needs to be retired. Hmm...Brilliant! 

Ready to run 6 on the treadmill tomorrow, we have a forecast of rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment