Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Weighing In

Since running the half marathon I have been very proud of myself for consistently running and working out. When I finished the half in Wichita last October I was kinda lazy, okay...super lazy.

I have missed a couple of planned runs, it's been raining quite a bit and my left heel has been giving me fits. All in all I feel good and I have been increasing my speed on the short runs and have done a couple of long runs. I want to increase the long runs over the next couple of weeks. 

I have also been trying to increase the cross training...I much prefer running. But I need to tone up the arms and thighs before I even consider breaking out the bathing suit.

We have been doing well with our food recently. Keeping things low carb and healthy...I have consumed a sleeve of thin mints in the past two weeks. Sweet Lord it is hard to only eat one, I did eat two last Thursday. 

Here is an update according to the judge (aka the scale)

Starting Weight 2013 - 169.0
May 22, 2013 - 151.2 

17.8 pounds lost 

I see that number and there is a part of me that is slightly disappointed, I feel like it should be more. I have to remember that when I started I was averaging a 11:30 mile and tonight I ran 8:58.  I have lost a total of about 35 inches all over and I feel so much better than I did 5ish months ago. 

I would like to see a few more inches go away and few pounds too, if possible. I have a feeling that I could easily get to an 8 minute mile pace if I was carrying 20 pounds less, or more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment