Sunday, June 9, 2013

Favorite Quote or Saying / Blog Every Day in June #9

I'm not a big quote person, I used to be. 

There are a handful of movies that I will always watch when they are on TV, even if I own them on DVD. I'm not entirely sure why I do this since I could easily pop in the non-commercial version. 

One of those movies is Evan Almighty and it is the source of one of my favorite quotes. 
 

"Let me ask you something. If someone prays for patience, you think God gives them patience? Or does he give them the opportunity to be patient? If he prayed for courage, does God give him courage, or does he give him opportunities to be courageous? If someone prayed for the family to be closer, do you think God zaps them with warm fuzzy feelings, or does he give them opportunities to love each other?"





I love this for multiple reasons. The first is that I'm 90% sure God sounds just like Morgan Freeman or maybe James Earl Jones. Secondly, I reminds me that when I pray for virtues that I lack I still need to continue to work on them, that God is simply giving me the opportunity to improve in these areas. He additional gives me strength to do so, but it's ultimately up to me to make it happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment