Wednesday, June 19, 2013

My Goal / Blog Every Day in June #19

Route 66 Marathon
Tulsa, Oklahoma
November 24, 2013

 
I have 157 days to prepare for my 1st Marathon! My Dad and I will line up on the starting line and run 26.2 miles ... maybe 26.5 if we think we can handle the detour, are we crazy?! Maybe!

I have wanted to complete a marathon for a long time. I’m obviously not going to win one any time soon, I can’t even win a 5k! Just finishing this will be such a huge accomplishment.

I have crossed the finish line of 4 Half Marathons, so far, and I think that this one will feel twice as good and my feet will hurt at least three times as much.

I know that we will have to stop and walk from time to time, but we will finish. I just know it.

So, I pray that both of our bodies hold up during the training process, that the weather is good on race day, and that we cross the finish line safely.

2 comments:

  1. Girl, way to go! I am training for my first half-marathon and that is enough for me! Can't imagine doing a full marathon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't imagine doing one either right now...the training hasn been that intense yet. August will be the start of the madness!

      Delete