Thursday, June 20, 2013

Random Act of Kindness / Blog Every Day in June #20

Random Acts of Kindness are awesome. I appreciate them when they happen to me and I hope others are appreciative when they are on the receiving end of mine.

This is going to be a quick story - I'm not feeling very well tonight, hopefully I'm still able to make it to work tomorrow!

On Wednesday I ran to the local grocery store to pick up a couple of things, my beloved hummus snack pack and some paper towels. This is how I usually spend my lunch hour...I am a very exciting person.

Anyway, I was in the express lane checkout and the folks in front of me had exactly 12 items, well played. They bagged everything and paid the bill, but as they gathered everything to head for the door the woman dropped TWO $20 bills!!

Since my Mama raised me right, I picked them both up quickly and ran toward the woman and her husband to return her missing cash. At first she looked slightly offended, maybe because I called her Ma'am? Sorry, that's just me. But then she quickly looked relieved that I had returned it.

I could have easily pocketed the cash and used it to buy something fun, or pay of some bills, but I wouldn't want that to happen to me. Spread the love people, lets treat each other how we want to be treated.

Fun side note to this is that I hadn't noticed that the man behind me in line was a priest. Okay God, I get it! You're always watching! 

No comments:

Post a Comment