Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Something/Someone That Makes You Happy / Blog Everyday in June #4

Today I am supposed to tell you about something or someone that makes me happy. I can only pick ONE?! That doesn't seem fair, does it?

Do I pick a thing or a person? Holy crap, this isn't easy.

So, since it would be hard to pick just one person or just one thing I have opted to pick someone that will have no idea that I picked her, she doesn't read.

Her full name is...

Miss Sophie Jean Green Bean Pants Marrs Emmich


Her rap name is Teaspoon, cause she's straight gangsta. 

That's right, I picked my dog. She's a lovely little snuggle of love that doesn't judge me if I'm not dressed well, if I gain a couple of pounds, or if I'm just in an ugly mood. I can't begin to count the number of times that she has comforted me while I cried for some unknown reason, even licked the tears off of my face. 

In 2005, I had a burning desire to have a puppy. I searched online and in the newspaper, but just a few weeks later my brother told me about a puppy that lived a few houses down from a friend. The dog was called 'Little Bit' and she was no longer wanted in this home. 

My bro picked up the puppy and brought her over to my apartment in Tulsa. A scared dog was placed in my lap, she was very timid and didn't make a single sound. I fought it for a few minutes, but it was love at first sight. After a short time together she was returned to her home in Verdigris, a home that was literally planning her death. An unwanted gift with an expiration date.

I knew this would be my new pal and I planned to pick her up. A day or two later I pulled into the drive way and behind a trashcan I saw some fur, it was my new doggie! They left a half used bag of food and promised that she had been given all of her shots and that she was at least 6 months old. They had also, for some unknown reason, cut her tail off. 

I took her home and cleaned her up. In that process I found the largest tick I have ever seen, on her face. I called the Vet, the one they had promised me had already seen her, and they had no record of a dog by that name or description. I took her to my Vet and was told that she was maybe 4 months old. She received her shots and started her pampered life as my buddy, I gave her the birthday of February 17th and the Doc agreed that it was probably close.

The past 8 years have been quite wonderful. Sophie has lived through being attacked by a large dog, eating rat poison, pancreatitis, and a 1,300 mile move. She rides in airplanes with ease, on drugs of course, and she's got a vertical that you wouldn't believe. She's learned to love my husband and has become his shadow.

Thank you Sophie Jean, I am blessed to have you in my life. 


Receiving her blessing from Father Bob

An afternoon nap on the couch

Proof that she models on the side, I haven't seen a dime.


No comments:

Post a Comment