Friday, June 14, 2013

Something I Am Looking Forward To / Blog Every Day in June #14

Dailey / Marrs Family Reunion 2013
Every year my paternal Granpa’s family has a reunion. I think we are pushing around 30ish years on this thing, kind of amazing really.

Personal Photo - Circa 2007
When I was little we made a few trips to Roman Nose State Park in Watonga, OK, not too far from where my Granpa spent his youth. For many years we had them at my grandparents house on Grand Lake, those hold some of my most treasured memories. We have many pictures too, I just don't have them here with my in Jersey.

Since my grandparents moved in the late 90’s we have been having the reunion at many different locations, we even made it back to Roman Nose a few years ago!

Personal Photo - Most of the family in 2007
 
 In 2011, I introduced my then soon-to-be husband to the clan on a ranch in Western Oklahoma. I don’t know what overwhelmed him more, the flat lands or the massive group!

It’s kind of crazy to me that when I join in this part of my family it’s mostly made up of
cousins. My father was an only child, so I don’t have any 1st cousins in this group, but only my Great Aunt Alma and Great Uncle Ward aren’t called Cuz by me.

So, on July 12
th I will be boarding a plane at Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) bound for Eppley Airfield in Omaha, Nebraska! Once I land I will have a bit of a drive to get to Beaver Lake and I’m sure the return flight on Sunday will come way too quickly, but I am sure looking forward to seeing all these folks again!

I haven’t hugged some of them since the reunion in 2011, but many did attend my wedding in November of that year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment