Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Weigh In Wendesday - June 19th, 2013

Pretty Strong Medicine


Remember when I posted about my weight loss troubles and goals for 2013?
Read about it here.

Remember when I altered those goals just a few months ago?
Read about it here.

I am proud to say that recently my goals to be healthy, strong and in shape have been a priority. However, Weight loss has seemed to fall to the wayside a bit. I’m eating well; with a few exceptions ... I can’t turn down a good pierogie or a nice plate of nachos. I think that you should be able to splurge from time to time without feeling too guilty.

May 22, 2013 - 151.2 lbs
June 19, 2013 – 151.8 lbs
Okay, so I gained 0.6 pounds since May 22nd. That’s not too shabby in the grand scheme of things. I know that I have gained muscle and I just need to work harder on burning the fat. My size is basically the same; I think I’ve lost an inch or so in each thigh and a ½ inch off my waist.

I’m linking up for Weigh In Wednesday to motivate and hold myself accountable going forward.

Yesterday, I spent 20 minutes on the stair climber, like the one with the moving staircase. Brutal! I was dripping sweat! Since my body gets used to doing the same workout over and over without losing any weight I’ll be trying new things to get my calorie burn higher. Plus this will keep my body guessing, I think that is key for me to drop pounds.

Of course I’ll still be running to keep up my endurance, more on that in my next blog...

June 18, 2013 Workout

Treadmill
Warm Up – 5 minutes at 3.5 mph

Distance Increase Run
0 – 6.1 mph
0.1 – 6.2 mph
0.2 – 6.3 mph
0.3 – 6.4 mph
0.4 – 6.5 mph
0.5 – 6.6 mph
0.6 – 6.7 mph
0.7 – 6.8 mph
0.8 – 6.9 mph
0.9 – 7.0 mph
1.0 – 7.1 mph
1.1 – 7.2 mph
1.2 – 7.3 mph
1.3 – 7.4 mph
1.4 – 7.5 mph
1.5 – 7.5 mph
1.6 – 7.4 mph
1.7 – 7.3 mph
1.8 – 7.2 mph
1.9 – 7.1 mph
2.0 – 7.0 mph
2.1 – 2.3 – 6.5 mph
2.4 – 8.0 mph
2.5 – 2.8 – 6.5 mph
2.9 – 8.0 mph
3.0 – 3.5 – 3.8 mph

Cool Down – 5 minutes at 3.2 mph

Stair Climber
15 minutes at 65 stairs per minute
Cool Down - 2 ½ minutes @ 35 stairs per minute

I think I’d like to get a something that will track calories burned – any suggestions? Body Bug, Nike Fuel Band? I’d want something that wouldn’t break the bank, but is a bit more sophisticated than a notebook.

6 comments:

  1. I've thought of getting one of those arm bands too, but I know that I wouldn't do a good job of wearing it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean - I'm lucky I remember to dress myself properly every morning.

      Delete
  2. I really want to get one of the polar watches but haven't had the money to do it yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard good things about them...and most around $100. I think the Nike Fuel band is around $150 and it logs your total burn throughout the day...might be worth the extra $$??

      Delete
  3. I have a polar heart rate monitor and I love it. Fairly cheap if you check Target or Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Amy! do you know what model you use?

      Delete