Saturday, June 15, 2013

Top Three Photos I've Taken / Blog Every Day in June #15

Here are my three favorite photos I have ever taken...in no particular order.


After my grandmother passed away we took a road trip to see the family farm she called home. It's abandoned and slowing falling down now. My Dad vividly remembers holidays and lazy afternoons on the land. This is a photo of the road, still made of dirt and gravel. The house is to the left and, as you can see, there isn't much else around. 


My Mama and I made the 2 hour drive to Oklahoma City one weekend to do some touristy stuff, we never had and we were so close! We visited the Cowboy Hall of Fame, the Oklahoma City National Memorial and Museum, the great restaurants of Bricktown, and this place, the Capitol Building. As a member of OIL, Oklahoma Intercollegiate Legislature, I spent many days and nights in the Senate Chambers. I love this building and I love Oklahoma.


Okay, so this is obviously two pictures...but I the interesting part is that they were taken less than 24 hours apart. It was March 2009, my sorority sister and bestie Adrienne was in town to be a bridesmaid for another KD Lady. I picked her up at Gilcrease on Friday afternoon, while I was waiting I snapped the photo on the left. Oddly enough, this statue had just been promoted to being featured on the Oklahoma License Plates! When we woke up on Saturday the snow was thick and still falling. The wedding had been moved to the hotel, but the bridesmaids dresses were still at the museum. Adrienne and I knew we could make it and we did...dresses were saved and I was able to snap nearly the same photo to show the crazy snowfall.
That's Oklahoma weather.

2 comments:

  1. Great photos! It's so cool how those last two were only a day apart! I love how the snow really changes the look of everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too Rachel! thanks for visiting :)

    ReplyDelete