Sunday, June 16, 2013

My Father, My Friend

1982 was his first Father's Day, that's 31 in total.

This year he is off fishing in the wilds of Manitoba, Canada and I'm not sure that I will get a phone call. They are far out of cell phone range, but I know that he is getting some much deserved rest and relaxation, probably drinking his far share of Tang too. That's a bit of an inside joke, I know he just chuckled a little.

He worked a lot when I was younger. Traveled to Utah, Egypt, Malaysia, and many other places for business and sacrificed many nights to 'moonlight' to provide for our family. I thank him for giving me a stay at home mom and everything I ever needed. He helped me study late into the night, made sure I knew how to change my own tire and oil when it was time to drive, and he gave me the courage to be me. 

I have him to thank for my slightly perfectionist ways, my very mathematical music talent, and my drive to never give up, if we start something we will finish it and we will succeed. He taught me how to pray and how to love God with my whole heart. From him I learned the value of a dollar and that compromising your values is never worth it.

Happy Father's Day to my running partner, my mechanic, my financial adviser, my friend. 


Me, Dad, Nate and Emma
 

No comments:

Post a Comment